Employee Recognition & Awards
Through hard work and dedication, Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) employees help to make the Northwest Territories a great place to live. They educate our children, provide health care, maintain our highways and perform countless other tasks.
The GNWT recognizes the need to acknowledge and celebrate those outstanding individuals and teams who have gone above and beyond, through the annual Premier’s Awards.
The Premier’s Awards for Excellence recognize the outstanding achievements of individual GNWT employees or teams of GNWT employees who continue to strive for excellence, best practice management and improvements in the workplace.
The Premier’s Awards for Collaboration recognize the outstanding achievement of GNWT employees in teams who work in partnership with other government and non-government employees to improve services to Northwest Territories’ residents.
All candidates are rated across the following five criteria:
- Innovation and Creativity
- Exceptional Performance/Service Excellence
- Leadership/Organizational Excellence
- Traditional Knowledge
More information on the Premier’s Awards can be found at the following link:
Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award
The Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award recognizes annually the outstanding achievements of an individual in the Northwest Territories who has served 20 years or more in the Government of the Northwest Territories public service. The goal of this award is to recognize individuals who have made a commitment to their careers in the public service.
Candidates for the Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award are rated across the following five criteria:
- Have twenty years or more in the GNWT Public Service and have been an employee of the GNWT during the previous 12 months
- Made a significant contribution to the field of public service through outstanding performance and impact on the delivery of public services in the NWT
- Consistently shown outstanding dedication in their work while maintaining a high level of commitment to public-service values and ethics such as respect for others, integrity, professionalism
- Demonstrated their contribution through leadership and transparency
- Served as role models and inspiration for other employees in their dedication to excellence; advised, trained, or coached others in such a way that motivates colleagues to excel
The candidates will be evaluated on all of the criteria listed above.
The nomination deadline for the 2014 Premier’s Awards and the Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award is Friday, February 14, 2014 at 5 pm. To nominate an individual or a team for a Premier’s Award please complete one of the following online nomination forms: