Employee Recognition & Awards
The 2013 Premier’s Awards nomination period is now closed. Please check later in the spring to see the full list of award recipients.
The Premier’s Award for Excellence recognizes the outstanding achievements of individual GNWT employees or teams of GNWT employees who continue to strive for excellence, best practice management and improvements in the workplace.
The Premier’s Award for Collaboration recognizes the outstanding achievement of GNWT employees in teams who work in partnership with other government and non-government employees to improve services to Northwest Territories’ residents.
All candidates are rated across the following five criteria:
- Innovation and Creativity
- Exceptional Performance/Service Excellence
- Leadership/Organizational Excellence
- Traditional Knowledge
Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award
The Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award recognizes the outstanding achievements of individuals in the Northwest Territories who have served 20 years or more in the Government of the Northwest Territories public service. The goal of this award is to recognize individuals who have made a commitment to their careers in the public service.
Candidates for the Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award are rated across the following five criteria:
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Have twenty years or more in the GNWT Public Service and have been an employee of the GNWT during the previous 12 months
- Made a significant contribution to the field of public service through outstanding performance and impact on the delivery of public services in the NWT
- Consistently shown outstanding dedication in their work while maintaining a high level of commitment to public-service values and ethics such as respect for others, integrity, professionalism
- Demonstrated their contribution through leadership and transparency
- Served as a role model and inspiration for other employees in their dedication to excellence; advised, trained, or coached others in such a way that motivates colleagues to excel
Click here for more information.