Jump to navigation
0202 - Employee Identification Cards
- Cards are issued to employees for identification purposes.
- These guidelines and procedures apply to all employees, except those employed by the NWT Power Corporation.
- Identification Cards contain the employee's name, picture, identification number and the employing Department, Board, or Agency.
- Client Services is the Client Services Division of the Department of Human Resources.
- Identification cards are issued only when necessary. They are not normally issued to casual employees unless they must access government buildings after hours.
- Identification cards are the property of the Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT). Lost cards should be reported to the local Client Services Centre of the Department of Human Resources.
- Identification cards must be returned to the GNWT when employment ceases.
- When an employees changes departments, their original identification card must be returned to Client Services. If the employee requires an identification card, Client Services will issue a new identification card.
- During documentation for new employees, or upon request, the Benefits Administrator or their designate advises the employee of the process involved in getting a picture taken and an identification card issued.
- Two pictures are taken of the employee. One picture is used for the identification card. The other picture is placed in the employee's personnel file.
- The expiry date is to be 5 years after issue date or the employee‘s end date if known (i.e.: casual or term employees).