1008 - Pay Periods
Terms and conditions of employment related to pay periods are contained in collective agreements and employee handbooks:
Main Collective Agreement with the UNW – Article 24, Pay
These guidelines and procedures apply to all employees except those employed by the NWT Power Corporation.
- All employees are paid bi-weekly. Paydays are every second Friday.
- Casual employees are paid two weeks after the pay period end date. For example, weeks one and two are paid at the end of week four.
- Non-casual employees are paid one week after the pay period end date.
- Employees will receive their pay through direct deposit with the Canadian financial institution of the employee’s choice.
- To ensure accurate and timely pay, employees are responsible for entry of time reporting and leave into PeopleSoft. Exceptions may be made for employees identified as self-service exempt employees (see HR Manual 203).
- Employees view their payroll advice online through the PeopleSoft self-service module. Exceptions may be made where an employee is on leave greater than six months and internet access is unavailable.
Authority: 14.00 Human Resources Establishment Policy
Effective Date: November 25, 2011
History: Previously revised April 2005
Responsible Unit: Employee Services