Policy & Legislation
The Department of Human Resources (DHR) administers the NWT legislation listed below. A detailed listing of all NWT statutes and regulations can be found under the Legislation of the Northwest Territories page on the Department of Justice website.
- Public Service Act
- Public Service Regulations
- Staffing Appeals Regulations
Policies governing the GNWT public service are approved and issued by a number of authorities as listed below.
Policies approved by and issued on the authority of the Executive Council:
Policies approved by and issued on the authority of the Financial Management Board:
- Code of Conduct (2008)
- Duty to Accommodate Injury and Disability Policy (2011)
- Harassment Free and Respectful Workplace Policy (2011)
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy (2013)
- Staff Retention Policy (2013)
- Learning and Development Policy (2014)
- Criminal Record Check Policy (2014)
Policies approved by and issued on the authority of the Minister of Human Resources:
You may also want to review policies developed under the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) with the Department of Finance such as email and internet use.