Employee Recognition & Awards
The nomination period for the 2015 Premier’s Awards for Excellence and for the 2015 Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award is now closed.
The 2015 Premier’s Awards for Excellence event will be held on June 3, 2015.
What are the Premier’s Awards for Excellence?
Each year, Government of the Northwest Territories’ Public Servants are recognized for demonstrating dedication and excellence in their work.
The Premier’s Awards for Excellence recognize and reward the outstanding achievement of individuals and teams within the Government of the Northwest Territories who strive for excellence in the workplace.
The Collaboration Award recognizes the outstanding achievements of Government of the Northwest Territories teams who partner with other government and non-government organizations to provide quality services to residents of the Northwest Territories.
In assessing nominees, the Premier looks for demonstrated excellence in three or more of the following areas:
- Innovation and creativity
- Exceptional performance and service excellence
- Leadership and organizational excellence
- Partnerships that result in program service excellence for residents of the Northwest Territories
- Distinguishing, celebrating and/or incorporating traditional knowledge and practices of the North and its people into Government programs or services
Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award
The Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award recognizes the outstanding achievements of individuals in the Northwest Territories who have served 20 years or more in the Government of the Northwest Territories public service. The goal of this award is to recognize individuals who have made a commitment to their careers in the public service.
Candidates for the Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award are rated across the following five criteria:
The successful candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have twenty years in the Government of the Northwest Territories Public Service and has been an employee during the previous 12 months
- Made a significant contribution to the field of public service through outstanding performance and impact on the delivery of public services in the Northwest Territories
- Consistently shown outstanding dedication in their work while maintaining a high level of commitment to public-service values and ethics such as respect for others, integrity, professionalism
- Demonstrated their contribution through leadership and transparency
- Served as role models and inspiration for other employees in their dedication to excellence; and advised, trained, or coached others in such a way that motivates colleagues to excel
The candidates are evaluated on all of the criteria listed above.